Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies

Welcome to the happenings of Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies.


Here you can find the latest updates regarding new releases, publishing status, contests, etc.


Thanks for visiting and stop by often!


To learn more, visit my website: http://www.jaelynnedavies.com/

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let's Talk Music

Many of you know that I can't write, drive or work without my iPod. Wherever I am, odds are there's something playing in the background. One of my family members said it best when asked the best gift to give me...a pair of concert tickets.

So, this brings me to my latest topic...Music.

During the creating of Mythic, I designed a specific playlist, a soundtrack for my series. I listen to this set at least twice per day and there is some sexy music on my list.

Most of my steamy sex scenes are inspired by the sound and feel of certain songs.

Some examples:

1. The first love scene between Nicholas and Gianna in Mythic was inspired by "Landing in London" by 3 Doors Down.

2. The 'almost' love scene between Gianna and Mattias was inspired by "Driven Under" by Seether.

3. The shower love scene between Gianna and Nicholas was inspired by "The Gift" by Seether.

4. The final love scene was inspired by "R-Evolve" by 30 Seconds to Mars.

As a romance author, I'm always curious to learn if other authors' scenes are inspired by music. If so, what's on your playlist when writing the 'all important' love scene? 

And a question for the readers...Do you listen to music while reading? If so, what's on your playlist?

Finally, I leave you with Seether's "The Gift". The lyrics are powerful, Shaun Morgan's voice is sexy, and this band tops my list of favorites. Enjoy!

No comments: