Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies

Welcome to the happenings of Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies.


Here you can find the latest updates regarding new releases, publishing status, contests, etc.


Thanks for visiting and stop by often!


To learn more, visit my website: http://www.jaelynnedavies.com/

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Goodbye Hiatus...Hello Grindstone

After a long hiatus, I'm thankful to say that I'm ready to emerge. It's been an emotional roller coaster on a personal level, losing family members to terminal illness. It seemed as though stress would never subside.

The waking of the muse begins with a casual conversation. I was speaking to a friend yesterday who happened to begin reading something she's put off for awhile. After she plunged head first into the book, we spoke about the story and it awakened the part of me I pushed aside for a little while to deal with family issues with a clear frame of mind.

My girlfriend asked, "So, how is Gianna?"

For those of you unaware, Gianna Marino is the heroine in my series of novels. The question caught me off guard. Suddenly, I thought about my characters standing in the last written scene, staring at each other wondering what to do next, waiting for direction. I am ready to direct!

My renewed passion begins with another full manuscript edit. I am attending a conference in September and I hope meet with some editors who will be in attendance. It's time to send this manuscript on to the next phase.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

It's about time! I AM WAITING!