Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies

Welcome to the happenings of Romance Author Jae Lynne Davies.


Here you can find the latest updates regarding new releases, publishing status, contests, etc.


Thanks for visiting and stop by often!


To learn more, visit my website: http://www.jaelynnedavies.com/

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Author Spotlight with Indigo Sin

Welcome, Indigo!


JLD: Tell us a bit about yourself.
Indigo: Hi! Thank you so much for having me! My name is Indigo, and I’m an author of erotic romance with Horny Devil Publishing.  I have been writing short stories for about three years now, and I’m loving it.  My stories range from sweet contemporary, to steamy, to smokin’.  Everyone needs a little spice in their life, right?


JLD: In which genres do you write?
Indigo: Erotica


JLD: What inspires you to write? 
Indigo: I don’t know how to explain it.  I have the urge, that builds up inside, until it spills over in the form of words.  Sometimes inspiration comes from a photo, sometimes from hearing a song, and my personal favorite…from people watching.  The best ideas come from watching the happenings around me.


JLD: How do you choose names for your characters?
Indigo: Well, I usually decide on the person’s personality.  Are they sassy? Alpha?  Sweet?  And then I google baby names.  I scroll through lists of male and female names until one jumps out, and that’s how it happens.  Then it’s a matter of adding a last name, and I’m off.


JLD: What is your favorite type of character to write?
Indigo: Do you have a personal favorite amongst your own characters? I like writing alpha men, but not obnoxiously alpha.  I like my guys to have the right mix of strength, and sweetness.  As for my girls, I can NOT write a weak female.  I despise weak, simpering heroines when I’m reading, so my ladies tend to be on the sassy side.


JLD: Do you have any advice for aspiring authors? 
Indigo: Keep writing, and be open to criticism.  Having someone tell you your work is good just because they’re a friend isn’t going to help you.  Sometimes brutal honesty is the best way to learn.  Let them pick your manuscript apart, let them tell you what you can improve.  It’s a tough pill to swallow, but you’ll be grateful in the end.


JLD: Who is/are your favorite author(s)?
Indigo: Lori Foster, Lora Leigh, Nalini Singh, Jill Shalvis, JR Ward…this list could go on all day.  I’ll leave it at that for now.


JLD: How do/does your favorite authors(s) impact your writing?
Indigo: I read them, and I think to myself, “Wow, I suck compared to them”, but then when I go to write, I push myself that much harder to be better.  I see improvement with every story I put out there.


JLD: If you were stranded on an island with one character from any book of your choice, who would it be and why? 
Indigo: Oh man…um, Just one huh? Ok I’d have to say…Zsadist from the Black Dagger Brotherhood books.  Besides being amazing eye candy, he’s a badass.  I’d be well taken care of for sure.


JLD: Hollywood called! They want to turn your novel into a movie or television series. If given the choice, who would you cast as your characters?
Indigo; Henry Cavill hands down, for any of my heroes, because he’s gorgeous.  And for my heroine…I’d say Mila Kunis.  She’s just smoking hot, how can I not?


JLD: Tell us about your novel and what we can expect.
Indigo: Well, my most recent release is REDEEMED, which is the third book in my Passion Series.  Colton and Hadley are working through some pretty serious problems throughout the entire series, and it all comes to a head in book three.  You should also know, I’m a sucker for an HEA ;)



Blurb: Heartbreak drives Hadley to move on and forget the man who destroyed her hopes of love, no matter how much it hurts.
Colton will do anything to gain her forgiveness, if only he can convince her to believe his side.
With their future teetering perilously on the edge of disaster, can they redeem what they had before it’s too late?

 
Excerpt

“What are you doing here, Colton?”  The words were barely a whisper.

“Saving your ass from Mr. Wonderful, apparently.”  His tone held no amusement despite his comment. “We’re settling this tonight, Hadley.  Let’s go.”

He grabbed her wrist and started to pull her toward the back exit, but she dug in her heels and resisted.  “I’m going home, Colton, my car’s out front.” 

Colton turned and looked at her, and then toward the bar.  “Fine.”  Pulling her the opposite direction, she again pulled back.

“Colton! Stop! You’re not going with me!” she pleaded, flinching at her whiny tone.

He laughed and shot her a look.  “Look, Had, you either walk out of here nicely with me…or I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out.  Your choice, sweetheart.”

Oh hell no.  Now it was her turn to get pissed.  No way was he going to order her around like a child, let alone manhandle her like one.  With her fists balled at her sides, she spoke low and with as much menace as she could muster.  He certainly wouldn’t embarrass her like that anyway.

“No.”

A slow smile curled his lips, and at that moment, she knew he would follow through on his promise to carry her out.  “Alright.  You’ve made your choice.”


JLD: Are there any other projects you’re working on? 
Indigo: Right now I’m working on a story titled SLOW BURN, and all I can say for now, is that things are heating up on the farm. I’m also working on the Crimson Heat Series with my writing partner TL Reeve.  So far we’ve got Undercover Dom and Legal Dom turned in and awaiting publishing, while we continue work on Dirty Dom.  There will be approx. 5-7 books in the series.


JLD: Where can readers find you?








Buy links:






Indigo Sin is a new author from the Midwest specializing in short, hot, sexy stories that are sure to warm you up on a chilly night.  When not in front of her computer, you can find her cuddled up with her man and a good book, lost in the dream world that is her mind.  With a deep passion for writing, Indigo brings fantasies to life in her steamy tales of erotic encounters.  Step inside the mind of a slightly depraved sensualist if you dare. Indigo will show you the way.  Let the sin...begin.

No comments: